Sunday, August 9, 2009

How God continues to reveal Himself to us

Wow, I am just amazed at how God continues to reveal Himself to us in so many ways. I know it has been a while since my last blog post, but so much has happened. I passed two kidney stones a couple of weeks ago. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life! They say that it is more painful than labor and it is! During this time I was really struggling with why this was happening. My heart is still healing from losing Landon just 5 1/2 months ago and here I am enduring the worst physical pain in my life. Just didn't quite understand. I got on my knees and prayed to God to reveal Himself to me in some way. I was amazed at how many people in the next day or two sent me emails, texts....etc just to say that I was on their mind and they were praying for me. One friend even said she wasn't sure what was going on but I was heavy on her heart and that she had been praying. This same thing has happened to both me and Ryan so much these past months. The one I will never forget happened just about 3 weeks after we lost Landon. We met with our doctor and he told us that the only thing they knew was that we lost Landon because of fetal-maternal hemorrhage. At that point, they didn't know why this happened. I was just lost. I didn't know how to act, feel, think, or do. I remember being up around 4 o'clock in the morning, nursing Avery (Landon's twin sister), and just crying out to God. I'm surprised I didn't wake up everybody. I cried out for God to reveal Himself and to let us know that He is near to us.....in any way that He could. After that, I got into bed around 5 o'clock in the morning and I woke up Ryan. I talked to him about how I needed to know more about what went wrong with Landon. At that moment I thought about a dear friend of mine that is also a doctor. I told Ryan that maybe I would call him the next day to see if he knew anything about fetal-maternal hemorrhage. Ryan and I immediately started to pray and then we went back to sleep. At about 10 o'clock later that morning, that same friend called the house to see if I needed to talk about anything. It was just amazing. Another way of how God wants us to know that He is always there and he hears our cries and our prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,
    Thank you so much for sharing. I have been praying for you over the past several months. Your family is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I am so glad that you have started a blog. I found you through the Brklacich blog, and will keep reading. I love hearing how God is revealing himself to you....so reassuring. I am thankful for your friendship! Love you....

    ReplyDelete