Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Linley Gregg Bristle


You know, I really wish I had more time to blog! I have been meaning to blog for weeks now! But, we have a very wonderful reason why we have been so busy. Our precious baby girl is finally here! Linley Gregg Bristle came into this world and immediately blessed our lives on October 5th, at 12:32 pm. She weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces (our biggest baby!) and was 19 1/2 inches long. And.....she has a head full of beautiful brown hair. I just love it that she has brown hair. Her hair is just like her older brother Landon's. She even looks like Landon. But most importantly, she is healthy, alive, and with us. She gets her middle name from Landon. His middle name is Gregory which is my dad's first name. We are so thankful that she is finally here with us and that we can hold her. She is definitely an answer to our prayers.

The day of my C-section seemed to last forever. We arrived at the hospital at 10:00 and the c-section was scheduled for 12:00. For the most part, everything was running very smoothly. Ryan and I were both very anxious....we just wanted to get through this and to have her in our arms. Got all the prep work done and they were wheeling me down to the OR. I had a flashback at the twin's c-section and I saw the OR that we were in last time approaching us on the left side. I thought to myself, "Please, don't turn left." And, they turned left. We were in the same room as last time. I started getting very anxious at this point and the nurses were so wonderful and understanding because our doctor made sure they all knew what had happened last time. I remembered looking up to the ceiling and just saying over and over again, "God just please let everything be okay." I haven't prayed so hard in my life.


Then, my doctor came in and talked with us and reassured us that everything was going to be ok. I, of course, was crying. It was just so emotional and all the memories came flooding back. The anesthesiologist came and did his thing and I was numb quickly. He was very supportive too and did his best to keep us at ease. It seemed like 4 minutes later, they were pulling her out of me and the first thing our doctor said was, "Well, she does not have red hair!" "She has a head full of brown hair!" I lost it again. Landon had brown hair. Then, I finally got to see her. She was beautiful and even looked like Landon. Ryan thought so too. They took her back to get her measurements and this is when it really hit Ryan. They put her on the scale to weigh her, and she looked just like Landon did when they placed him on the scale. Ryan's face turned pale and he almost passed out. The nurses helped him sit down and they got him some juice. He felt better soon after that. It was just such an emotional time.




Then, they took her and got her all cleaned up and did all the appropriate tests. Then, a nurse from the nursery brought her to our room probably about 30 minutes later and I finally got to hold her! It was so good to see her and to hold her. I did a lot of crying, but they were happy tears. The pregnancy just seeemed to last forever and it was so nice to finally have her safe in my arms.





We are so very thankful to God for blessing us with this baby girl. She is healthy, perfect and beautiful. I already can't imagine my life without her in it. I am also thankful that she reminds us of Landon. They have the same hair color and the same nose and ears. God, thank you for this precious gift. Thank you for blessing me with a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby girl. We continue to trust you and to give it all over to you.



3 comments:

  1. Crying tears of joy my precious friend. I love her so much!!! Such a blessing, such a joy, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linley is beautiful! We are so thankful for her life. I've told you this already but I LOVE LOVE LOVE her name. I love that Landon's name is included in her future legacy!
    Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness thank you so much for sitting down to write that and share it with us! I LOVE that she looks like Landon! That is such a sweet gift that only our Father can give...that he would create your daughter to remind you of your sweet son in Heaven. What a treasure! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete